Monday, June 26, 2006

Ecuador.

I've been home a week now. It really was a great trip. I learned a lot... and a lot of that was just from group devos we had at night. But some of it was from experience too. For example, when passing out tracts, I realized that no matter what your physical needs are, everyone has a spiritual need that is all the same. Like, people who are in poverty may seem like they need Christ more, but the rich guy who lives in a mansion needs Him just as much as the impoverished man.

The trouble I'm having now is applying all that I've learned to my real life. Looking back, I see what great an environment I had to focus on my relationship with God and so forth. Or maybe I just now realize how many distractions pop up now that I have gotten back into the swing of things at home.

Ecuador is beautiful- lush, green mountains and of course, that ocean. I'm really thankful that I got the opportunity to go. Another great thing was getting to know people a whole lot better! There's so much more to explain and tell... i'm sure random stories will pop up.

Dani leaves for SA tomorrow! I'm so excited for her... and I can't wait to hear all about her experiences.

5 Comments:

Blogger Roberto said...

You and I need to swap stories sometime.

7:06 AM  
Blogger turza said...

Isnt south america great? its not a touristy so its nice, that the people are alot more open to the bible than say, europeans!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

lol i don't know about europeans... but yeah the peopl were really open!

6:53 PM  
Blogger La Profesora said...

juli-ecuador is my country! where abouts were you? Quito? Guayaquil? Cuenca?

7:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

juli-
i am going to NYC for runway shows, and i am excited! good to hear from you, i miss you!
i'll have you come down and hang out and we can go see that movie;)

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home